I've made the delicious bars a few different ways, it's also a trial & error dessert, I've made them once or twice & ended up ruining them (the crust didn't turn out right) so I was really excited when I found a recipe that works perfect every time! I found the original recipe over at Sallys Baking Addiction & tweaked it a little bit because well I have a major obsession with peanut butter & chocolate combinations!
- 1/2 cup of butter - melted
- 1 cup of plain graham cracker crumbs (I used my food chopper & finely chopped 9 or 10 squares)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix together in a bowl, the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs & powdered sugar. Stir in a cup of creamy peanut butter, then spread into a 8x8 or 9x9 glass baking pan.
- In a separate bowl melt 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with the cup of mini chocolate chips, stir until smooth, then pour over mixture in glass pan.
- Place your glass pan in the fridge, I let mine chill over night before I cut into it!
These bars don't last long in my house, they are amazingly good! Have you made peanut butter bars before Do you have any candy/dessert bar that your family loves?