If you asked my family what our favorite cuisine was it would be mexican all the way! Seriously, we could eat tex-mex & mexican food seven days a week! We try not to eat out a lot, it saves me money if I prepare meals for my family, plus I like to get my kids involved in the kitchen & it gathers us all around the table every evening!
This taco salad recipe is super easy!
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 can of fat free refried beans
- 1 container of 8 soft flour tortillas - stand n stuff
- 1 package of mexican or white rice
- A bag of your favorite greens (I used classic romaine)
- For crispy tortillas, I suggest baking your tortillas on a cookie sheet for a few minutes at 325 degrees
- While those are baking, make or heat up your rice & beans
- It's time to layer - while your shells are still hot, start layering
- Add a spoonful or two of beans on the bottom of your stand n stuff taco shells
- Then a spoonful or two of mexican rice
- A handful of your favorite greens
- A spoonful of shredded cheese
That's it! Don't they look delicious? So easy & the perfect week night meal!