(Disclosure: I received coupons to purchase Jennie-O for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received, all opinions are 100% my own)
Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? Are you planning a long menu with a big spread? There is a lot of work, stress, and prep that goes into Thanksgiving. This year Jennie-O wants to help, they are making Thanksgiving just a little easier for hosts and cooks everywhere!
Jennie-O has launched an amazing holiday help line, filled with menus, recipes, tools, how-to's and more! The Jennie-O Holiday and Events page has everything you need (except for the food) to help you deliver your best holiday spread!
Whether your carving a turkey for the very first time, or trying to plan on how to use any leftovers, the Jennie-O Holiday and Events page has you covered! This page is easy to navigate, user friendly and very detailed, they've even included step by step directions and how-to videos. I love trying new recipes around the holidays and after browsing through the Thanksgiving recipes on Jennie-O, I knew I had to try the Holiday Sausage Stuffing Balls!
Recipe for Holiday Stuffing Balls adapted from Jennie-O:
- 1 Onion - finely chopped (I used 3/4 of a large yellow onion)
- 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 Ounces Jennie-O Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage - casings removed
- 2 Cups toasted bread cubes
- 1 Cup crumbled cornbread
- 1 Teaspoon dried sage or poultry seasoning
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 4 Eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray two 12 cup mini-muffin pans with cooking spray
- In a large skillet cook onion and apple in butter for five minutes or until golden brown, stirring often.
- Place in a large bowl
- Using the same skillet, cook sausage as directed on package. Always cook to well done.
- Drain, crumble and add to onion mixture.
- Add in bread cubes, cornbread, sage or poultry seasoning, chicken broth and eggs.
- Stir to combine.
- Pack stuffing into mini muffin pans
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown
These tasty Holiday Sausage Stuffing Balls from Jennie-O are best served warm, they are delicious, and super easy to make! I had an entire tray prepped and cooked in under thirty minutes, I know these will be a big hit at our Thanksgiving this year and I can't wait to make them again!
Also, if your like me and have no idea what your doing in the kitchen, the Jennie-O Oven Ready Turkey is perfect! It's a fool-proof whole turkey that goes straight from the freezer into the oven, it's that easy! The best part is that it requires minimal prep and no thawing or handing of raw poultry.
So will you be hosting Thanksgiving this year? What sides will you be serving?
Be sure to stay connected with Jennie-O on Facebook and Twitter! You can find Jennie-O in your local grocery stores!